Amy Grant – Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Family, Awards, Career, Wiki, #Amy #Grant #Bio #Net #Worth #Husband #Age #Family #Awards #Career #Wiki: :
Amy Grant is an American singer, songwriter, musician, TV persona, and creator. She began in trendy Christian music (CCM) sooner than crossing over to pop music inside the Eighties and Nineties. She is usually referred to as ‘The Queen of Christian Pop.’ As of 2009 she had purchased better than 30 million albums worldwide, gained six Grammy Awards, 22 Gospel Music Association Dove Awards, and her album was the first Christian album to go platinum. In 2022, she was launched as a recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors. In 1977, she recorded her first album, “Amy Grant”, produced by Brown Bannister. In 1986, she scored her first Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 music in a duet with Peter Cetera, “The Next Time I Fall”. She launched the blockbuster album “Heart in Motion” in 1991 which grew to turn into her best-selling album so far, topping the Billboard Christian album chart for 32 weeks, selling 5 million copies inside the U.S., and producing her second No. 1 pop single “Baby Baby” and producer one different three excessive 10 on Billboard Hot 100; “That’s What Love Is For”, “Every Heartbeat” and “Good for Me”. Apart from her musical occupation, she hosted the reality TV current, ‘Three Wishes’ and has moreover authored plenty of books, one of many widespread ones being, her memoir, ‘Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far’.
Amy Grant recovering at residence after being hospitalized for a biking accident
Two days after being hospitalized following a bike accident, singer Amy Grant has been discharged and subsequently postponed plenty of stay efficiency dates. “Earlier this week Amy Grant was in an accident after hitting a pothole while out riding her bicycle with a friend (note: she was wearing a helmet),” her rep talked about in a press launch to Yahoo Entertainment. “Following a brief hospitalization where she was treated for her injuries, doctors have ordered additional recovery time at home for Amy, where she is now resting comfortably.” Her accident occurred Wednesday in Nashville, the place she lives with Vince Gill, her husband of twenty-two years. She began her restoration on the metropolis’s Vanderbilt University Medical Center. “Due to the doctor’s orders she has had to postpone her upcoming August concerts (Knoxville, Chattanooga, Johnson City, Wilmington),” Friday’s assertion continued. “The concerts have been rescheduled for April and June 2023. All tickets will be honored at the new performance dates. There are no other changes to her touring schedule at this time. In 2020, Grant underwent open heart surgery to repair a genetic heart condition that doctors had discovered. Her team has thanked her fans for their prayers and well wishes. “Your kind thoughts and heartfelt prayers are felt and received,” a put up on her Instagram net web page study partly. “Amy was wearing her helmet and we would remind you to all do the same!”
What is Amy Grant Known for?
- Being a singer-songwriter and creator from the USA.
- Being one in every of many first Christian artists to have effectively made a shift into the pop music market.
What is Amy Grant’s Real Name?
Amy Grant was born on November 25, 1960, in Augusta, Georgia, the USA. Her precise title is Amy Lee Grant. She is American by nationality and his ethnicity is mixed of English, Scottish, and Welsh. She was born as a result of the youngest one amongst 4 sisters. She grew up in a closely-knit family in Nashville, Tennessee and it was her early church-going days that triggered her love for Christian tales, hymns, and songs, which will later go on to have an effect on her work. She is a great-granddaughter of Nashville philanthropist A. M. Burton (founding father of Life and Casualty Insurance Company, eponym of Nashville’s Life & Casualty Tower, WLAC Radio, and WLAC-TV) and Lillie Burton. She attended Harpeth Hall School. Additionally, she moreover attended Furman University and Vanderbilt University. When she was an adolescent, she taught herself to play the guitar and as well as labored part-time at a recording studio.
Amy Grant Singing Career
- Grant wrote her first music “Mountain Top” in 1976. She then recorded a demo tape for her dad and mother with church youth chief Brown Bannister. After Chris Christian heard the demo, he offered a recording contract 5 weeks sooner than her sixteenth birthday.
- She launched her debut album “Amy Grant” in 1977 adopted by her totally different albums along with “My Father’s Eyes”, “Never Alone”, “Age to Age”, “A Christmas Album”, “Straight Ahead”, “Unguarded”, “Lead Me On, “Heart in Motion”, “Home for Christmas”, “House of Love”, “Behind the Eyes”, “A Christmas to Remember”, “Legacy… Hymns and Faith”, “Simple Things”, “Somewhere Down the Road”, “How Mercy Looks from Here”.
- In September 2012, she took half in a advertising marketing campaign often known as “30 Songs / 30 Days” to help Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide, a multi-platform media mission impressed by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn’s e-book.
- On August 19, 2014, she launched an album of hits remixed by well-known engineers and DJs. The album was titled In Motion: The Remixes.
- On February 12, 2015, she launched a model new compilation album titled Be Still and Know… Hymns & Faith, to be launched. The album was launched on April 14, 2015.
- She launched a Christmas album on October 21, 2016, Tennessee Christmas which charted inside the U.S. at No. 31 on the Billboard 200 and at No. 3 on the Billboard Top Holiday Albums chart.
- In February 2017, she launched a model new music, “Say It With a Kiss”, with an accompanying video.
- As an creator, her first e-book ‘Amy Grant’s Heart to Heart Bible Stories” was revealed in 1985 which was adopted by ‘Breath of Heaven (Mary’s Song)’, and ‘Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far.’
Awards and Achievements
- Successful singer, Amy Grant has gained six Grammy Awards and 22 Gospel Music Association Dove Awards. Some of her awards are:
- Won Best Gospel Vocal Performance, Female in 1983 and 1984
- Best Gospel Vocal Performance, Female in 1988
- Won Best Southern, Country or Bluegrass Gospel Album in 2005
- Won the St. John University Pax Christi Award and Nashville Symphony Harmony Award in 1994
- Won the Sarah Cannon Humanitarian Award – TNN Awards, Academy of Achievement Golden Plate Award, and Easter Seal Nashvillian of the Year Award
- 1992: Junior Chamber of Commerce Young Tennessean of the Year
- 1994: St. John University Pax Christi Award
- 1994: Nashville Symphony Harmony Award
- 1996: Sarah Cannon Humanitarian Award – TNN Awards
- 1996: Minnie Pearl Humanitarian Award – Columbia Hospital
- 1996: Voice of America Award – ASCAP
- 1996: Academy of Achievement Golden Plate Award
- 1999: “An Evening with the Arts” Honor – The Nashville Chamber of Commerce, Nashville Symphony, and Tennessee Performing Arts Center
- 1999: The Amy Grant Room for Music and Entertainment – The Target House at St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital
- 2001: Easter Seals Nashvillian of the Year Award
- 2003: Inducted into the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame
- 2003: Summit Award – Seminar inside the Rockies
- 2006: Amy Grant Performance Platform – Nashville Schermerhorn Symphony Center
- 2006: Hollywood Walk of Fame star unveiled
- 2007: Charter member of Tiffany Circle – Red Cross
- 2007: Inducted into the Christian Music Hall of Fame
- 2008: Class of 1966 Friend of West Point award with Vince Gill
- 2012: Honorary Doctorate Degree of Music and Performance – Grand Canyon University
- 2015: No. 52 in The Top 100 Female Artists of the Rock Era (1955–2015)
- 2022: Kennedy Center Honoree
How Rich is Amy Grant?
Singer, songwriter, and musician, Amy Grant has made an infinite fortune from her music occupation. As of 2022, her web worth is estimated to have $55 million. She has not revealed her current wage and occupation earnings. Her foremost provide of wealth comes from the music commerce releasing albums, singles, and songs. She resides a lavish life-style at present.
Who is Amy Grant’s Husband?
Amy Grant is a married woman to her husband, Vince Gill. Her accomplice, Vince is a country singer-songwriter. They obtained married on tenth March 2000. They have a daughter collectively: Corrina Grant Gill, who was born on March 12, 2001. Today, the happily married couple is having enjoyable with their life a lot.
Prior to her marriage to Vince, she was married to fellow Christian musician, Gary Chapman. The pair married on June 19, 1982. They have three kids collectively: Matthew Garrison Chapman, Gloria Mills Chapman, and Sarah Cannon Chapman. The pair later divorced in 1999. In the November 1999 CCM Magazine, Grant outlined why she left Chapman and married Gill: I didn’t break up because of ‘I had a great marriage and then along came Vince Gill.’ Gary and I had a rocky road from day one. I really feel what was so arduous—and that’s (what) one amongst our counselors talked about—usually an innocent social gathering can come proper right into a state of affairs, and they also’re like an infinite spotlight. What they do is reveal, by comparability, the painful dynamics which may be already in existence.
What is Amy Grant Height?
Amy Grant has a tall prime of 5 toes 7 inches. Her physique weight consists of spherical 58 kg. She has a physique measurement of 34-26-33 inches. Her hair coloration is brown and her eye coloration is darkish brown.
In June 2020, Grant had coronary coronary heart surgical process to revive partial anomalous pulmonary venous return (PAPVR), a congenital coronary coronary heart state of affairs.